Buy and Sell Altcoin via International Cryptocurrency Exchange Platforms
You may exchange one cryptocurrency for another on the following exchange platforms. These are crypto-to-crypto only exchanges which do not deal in fiat currencies. The common denomination is usually bitcoin, and bitcoin will need to be deposited and then traded for an altcoin (like Ethereum, Litecoin, Cardano, Monero, Tron and other altcoins), which can later be withdrawn and transferred to your personal wallet.
You may check this list of exchanges here to first buy bitcoin. It is advisable for users to register and verify an account with most of the following exchange platforms (where still possible) as new registrations are often quickly closed due to the current surge of new cryptocurrency users.
Buy and Sell Altcoin and Bitcoin with Credit Card
Quick Steps to Buy and Sell Altcoin
- Register an account with a valid and legitimate cryptocurrency exchange such as the ones listed above.
Binance and Bittrex are good accounts to begin with.
- Complete the basic verification steps to your account, e.g. email or phone number verification.
- Activate 2FA (2-Factor Authentication) for your account. You will need to install Google Authenticator or Authy on your smartphone.
- Submit required documents to comply with existing Know-Your-Customer (KYC) and Anti-Money-Laundering (AML) regulations and other specific laws in your city and country. Complete verification of your account may take a few days.
- Most exchanges will only accept bitcoin as a mode of payment for buying altcoin. Hence you will need to first buy bitcoin with fiat currency (USD, GBP, EUR etc.). Refer to Buy and Sell Bitcoin by Country. You can do this while waiting for your account to be verified in the step above.
- Once you have acquired bitcoin, transfer some BTC to your exchange account to buy altcoin.
- Remember never to leave your bitcoin and altcoins in your exchange wallet for long term storage. Always store it in your personal wallet or a hardware wallet where you are in control of the private keys. See Setting up a Blockchain Wallet.